CLUTCH camera remote handle
OK I just ordered batch 4.
Wow. That mini batch sold out in less than a day. Thanks all for buying and loving the product.
Estimated shipping for new batch is 4-6 weeks from today (they'll all ship at once)
(We are calling this the v1.2. Same original product many of you loved but some upgrades including:
- LANC physical connector change - new supplier for the connectors - stronger internal spring
- Internal LANC hub - allows handle to control multiple devices at once (e.g. Atomos Ninja + Z CAM E2) or multiple devices to control camera (e.g. Top Handle and Clutch handle)
- Cage design change for USB-C connector clearance when cage is attached
- Extra holes on side of thumbwheel so you can crank it super tight if necessary with a small allen wrench or screwdriver
- Torque Pins on rosette wheel - they take the torque on the rosette wheel - instead of the small M2 screws
Link for downloading software to program/remap the buttons is here - Clutch controller software
CLUTCH v1.2 is a LANC connected right handed, wired remote control handle with a START/STOP button and two programmable rotary clickable dials. On a Z CAM camera the dials can be programmed to control Aperture, Shutter Speed, ISO, Electronic ND, Audio Gain (ganged and L/R individual), White Balance (momentary Auto WB also), Focus.
It can also turn the camera on/off (by long hold of the START/STOP button)
It is also possible to navigate the menu without taking your hands off the handle
The out of the box Clutch - can control START/STOP and has two rotary push button thumbwheels.
One thumbwheel controls Aperture (clicking it selects the Fn2 button on a Z CAM camera), the other controls ISO and Shutter Speed (clicking the wheel switches between those two functions.
Long clicks of the thumbwheels can be set to a different function (by default long click of front thumbwheel is Fn1 and long click of rear thumbwheel is Fn3)
We worked on ergonomics a lot to make the thumbwheels feel natural for usage during shooting.
One is positioned so it fits directly under the thumb - while not requiring the thumb to rest on it. The other is positioned so the forefinger can naturally access it.
Both Thumbwheels can also be clicked for additional functionality.
The entire handle ends with a standard spaced 1/4" 20 cheeseplate allowing any kind of mounting people want to use - but we will provide a small cage with a Male Arri Rosette.
CLUTCH is designed in the USA and made of hand-sanded, hand-oiled black walnut wood with a 6061 Hard black anodized aluminum armature holding custom made electronics.