drift Smart VR Monitor
*** DRIFT PRIME EDITION NOW SHIPPING ***
The long awaited RVLVR Smart VR Monitor is finally shipping - supporting Mono + Stereo, 360 and 180 preview and monitoring directly to your mobile device.
(please note that product does NOT include Google Pixel or any other Android phone. Just includes modified Daydream device for connection to Android phone.)
This is a patent pending hardware/software combination that adds an HDMI input to a Daydream device allowing you to do the following
- Full screen equirectangular preview of any video signal
- Magic-Window mode directly from premiere timeline (finally you can preview your video how a significant percentage of users consume it)
Magic Window supports finger-follow or gyro.
- VR Preview - One tap and you can put your headset on to get full headset preview. Note that you can do this from any stitched 360 source - either in post or on set (e.g. from a Teradek Sphere)
- Multi-headset viewing - This is huge for color suites and other post facilities. No longer do clients have to preview footage one-at-a-time wasting hours and not being able to discuss a shot collectively. Instead you can connect AS MANY HEADSETS AS YOU LIKE (just keep splitting the HDMI).
It's hard to explain in words how awesome this is.
- Does NOT need VR ready machine - if your computer can output 4k video from it's HDMI port - you will have no problem - and it will play back as fast as your computer's graphics card is able to - works on most decent laptops made in the last 2 years
- 4K/UltraHD supported up to 30fps - playback is buttery smooth - if your graphics card can play it, drift will play it back also. (note there is a very slight lag - approximately 3-4 frames - when compared with on-board audio cards - so you'll need to use the Daydream audio if you're checking audio match cuts)
- Can use any editing system - of course you'll still need VR-aware software (such as Premiere) for Mettle effects etc - but since Drift works off an HDMI signal - anything that spits out HDMI equirectangular will do.
- Supports Side-by-side 180 - 180 support includes full-screen half equirect, Magic Window - and of course VR view. (also supports YouTube Live 140x140 workflow)
- Supports Over-Under 360 - Includes full-screen double equirect - Magic Window mode (only left eye is used) and full VR view support.
Check out the video below:
(Product does NOT include Google Pixel or any other Android phone. Just includes modified Daydream device for connection to Android phone.)